Our mission at The Valleys Church is simple...
Love God. Love each other. Live life. Together.
In simple terms, our church exists to fulfill the great commission and the great commandment, found in Matthew 28:19-20 and Matthew 22:37-40, respectively.
Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:19-20, NLT)
Jesus said, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence.’ This is the most important, the first on any list. But there is a second to set alongside it: ‘Love others as well as you love yourself.’ These two commands are pegs; everything in God's Law and the Prophets hangs from them.” (Matthew 22:37-40, Msg)
- To draw a picture, imagine several valleys converging upon one point, just below a mountain, coming from different directions—one may look dry and desolate, another filled with thick undergrowth hiding thorns and thistles and yet another decorated with lush trees, a gentle river, beautiful to behold.
- With this picture in mind, it is obvious that all of us come from different walks of life—some harder than others, some complicated, some with hidden secrets. Our point of convergence is found within the church—and our faith. Our convergence point is called The Valleys Church—a place where people from all walks of life can learn to love God, try to love each other and just live life, together.
- Continuing with the picture, our journeys take us through the ups and downs of life—the types of valleys we wish to walk together are three-fold:
- The lost or never-been-found valley
- The hurt-by-the-church, the once-found-but-lost-again or the forgotten valley
- The deep, deep valleys of God’s presence—to deepen our relationships with Jesus and with each other
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me. (Psalm 23:4, ESV)
There I will give her back her vineyards,
and I will make the Valley of Trouble a door of hope.
There she will respond as when she was young,
as when she came out of Egypt.” (Hosea 2:15, NCV)
There are huge numbers of people
in the Valley of Decision,
because the LORD's day of judging is near
in the Valley of Decision. (Joel 3:14, NCV)
“On that day wine will drip from the mountains,
milk will flow from the hills,
and water will run through all the ravines of Judah.
A fountain will flow from the Temple of the LORD
and give water to the valley of acacia trees. (Joel 3:18, NCV)
Whoever you are, wherever you’ve been, you will be accepted and loved at The Valleys Church. Why? Because love is what God has given us and He has called us to extend that same love to one another. We are all imperfect and make mistakes. We serve a loving God who picks us up from our failures, dusts us off and moves us forward. We seek to grow together, in community with one another, learning from our mistakes and encouraging each other toward all that God has for us. That is the heart of The Valleys Church—from pulling into the driveway, to entering the front door, to sitting around the kitchen table—you’ve found a place where you’re not just a face in the crowd, but where you are noticed, have real friendships, real support and real community.
As you browse this site you may discover where you fit in to one of our unique ministries; you can also meet our staff and leaders and listen to the latest teachings.
We would like to invite YOU to be our guest this Sunday! You will never, EVER be the same;—never. Click here to view the house church meetings that meet near you or to find where our next once-a-month celebration services will be held. If you need more information, please feel free to contact our church office.
We are a part of the Foursquare family of churches. Click here to learn more about our movement.
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. Hebrews 13:8